The main aim of the course is to widen the horizon of the knowledge, skills, norms& values, ideas and competencies of students to critically assess and identify the Nepalese educational problems and issues associated with certain theories, principles and philosophies of broad spectrum of educational landscape. The expected outcomes of the course are as follows:
- Describe the major educational systems, reforms and educational movements leading to the development of (post) modern period,
- Describe the theoretical positions of major philosophies of education with respect to the aims of education, educative process, curriculum, role of teachers, place of learner and the governance with a particular emphasis on school sector reform programme of Nepal.
- Explain significant social phenomena such as socialization, multiculturalism, stratification, structure, mobility and change in relation to their educational implications, and
- Explain the need for psychological foundation of education in relation to curriculum, method of teaching and evaluation with an emphasis on enhancing learning and competencies.
- Review post-modernism perspective of education including education as a rights and discuss its implication on teaching learning and school governance.
- Teacher: Bhola Prasad Dahal, PhD